Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome to the Library and Information Commons
This introduction offers a general overview of library resources and services. By the end of this overview, we hope that you will have a basic understanding of:
- What services are available at each campus location.
- How to navigate the library's website.
- How to access the Library’s online resources using your Library username and password.
- How to conduct a basic search using the Library’s Gateway Search.
- How to locate and use other library resources such as our subject guides, FAQs, the A-Z Database List.
- How to contact us in person, by phone, email or using our library chat service.
Please contact us if you have any questions about the Library and Information Commons.
Click here for the Library and Information Commons' hours.
There are a variety of ways to contact the library. Feel free to reach out to us through any of the means listed below, or chat with us anywhere you see our green gator chat icon.
Youngstown Campus: 330-480-0726 x1112
Steubenville Campus: 800-682-6553 x1653
Library Username and Password Information
Please see this FAQ for Library username and password information.
Please note, you may not be asked to sign in if you have already signed into the student portal, your EGCC email, or Canvas.
Library Barcode Information
Please see this FAQ for your Library Barcode information.
Your Library Barcode is used to request physical books and to access certain OhioLINK resources.