Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Welcome Back Faculty!
Please bookmark this guide for Important Library Announcements and Updates.
Did you know?
Our library staff covered a total of 2,389.3 hours of chat for the Fall 2021 Semester.
Welcome to Eastern Gateway Community College. The EGCC Library and Information Commons is here to support you and your students. Our collection consists of a program-oriented print collection divided between our two campuses and an extensive online collection that includes access to nearly 200 academic research databases. As a member of OhioLINK, we have further access to the shared collections of 100+ OhioLINK member institutions. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our library staff.
This guide provides important information about:
- Access to our print and digital library collections.
- Using library resources in your courses.
- Recommending purchases for the Library.
The Library has a collection of short video tutorials and now has the ability to create some interactive tutorials. If there is a topic that you'd like to see covered by a tutorial please let us know.
Library Login Information
Please see this FAQ for Library username and password information.
Please note, you may not be asked to sign in if you have already signed into the student portal, your EGCC email, or Canvas.
Library Barcode Information
Please see this FAQ for your Library Barcode information.
Your Library Barcode is used to request physical books and to access certain OhioLINK resources.
Popular Guides to include in your Classes
Introduction to the Library Guide
This guide provides a general overview of the Library & Information Commons resources and services. This is a great guide for users who are unfamiliar with our Library.
Getting Ready for Research Guide
This guide provides an overview of basic research techniques and resources.
General Writing Guide
This guide includes resources on APA, MLA citation and writing styles as well as some information on plagiarism.
Library Contact Information
Steubenville Campus: 800-682-6553 x1653
Youngstown Campus: 330-480-0726 x1112
Look for the Green Gator on our Library Pages
Beginning January 1, 2022, our students, faculty and staff will enjoy the following exciting new benefits:
- Expanded Access to important published research from all 400+ Cambridge University Press Journals.
- For our faculty authors, the agreement offers no-APC, unlimited open access (OA) publishing benefits through 2024. Eligibility is determined by the affiliation of the corresponding author, the primary contact throughout the publishing process.
For more information about this exciting OhioLINK Resource please visit:
- The library has a local print collection of around 14,000 items. Due dates vary, but faculty may borrow some materials for up to the entire academic term. Please email the library at email@example.com for your library barcode.
- As a member of OhioLINK, faculty may borrow materials from other OhioLINK institutions (loan terms vary depending on material type).
- Materials may be shipped to any participating OhioLINK pick-up anywhere location*.
- *Physical library materials are only available within the state of Ohio.
- All library users may recommend resources. Priority is given to resources that directly support our programs and students. Please use our resource recommendation form or contact our Library Director to make a recommendation.
- Please contact our library staff for information about placing an item on reserve in the Library or Information Commons.
- Browse our collection of databases using our A-Z list.
- Search our collection of subject and course research guides on our LibGuides page.
- Check for full-text access to journals, eBooks, videos, newspapers and more using the publications tab of our Gateway Search or by visiting our Publication Finder.
- Browse available library tutorial videos on our YouTube channel.
Important OhioLINK Resource Notices
New Titles in the OhioLINK EJC
Assessment Clear and Simple
Assessment Clear and Simple by The first edition of Assessment Clear and Simple quickly became the essential go-to guide for anyone who participates in the assessment process in higher education. With the increased pressure to perform assessment to demonstrate accountability, Assessment Clear and Simple is needed more than ever. This second edition of the classic resource offers a concise, step-by-step guide that helps make assessment simple, cost-efficient, and useful to an institution. It contains effective strategies for meeting the requirements of accreditation agencies, legislatures, review boards, and others, while emphasizing and showing how to move from data to actions that improve student learning. This thoroughly revised and updated edition includes many new or expanded features, including: Illustrative examples drawn from the author's experience consulting with more than 350 institutions A basic, no-frills assessment plan for departments and for general education Tips on how to integrate portfolios and e-portfolios into the assessment process Suggestions for using rubrics and alternatives to rubrics, including doing assessment for multidisciplinary work Clear instructions on how to construct a coherent institution-wide assessment system and explain it to accreditors Ideas for assigning responsibility for general education assessment Strategies for gathering information about departmental assessment while keeping the departmental workload manageable Information on how to manage assessment in times of budgetary cutbacks Praise for the Second Edition of Assessment Clear and Simple "Walvoord's approach to assessment is wonderfully straightforward; it is also effective in facilitating faculty engagement in assessment. We've applied a number of her methods to our campus assessment efforts with success. This book makes assessment both manageable and useful in improving and enhancing student learning."--Martha L. A. Stassen, director of assessment, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and president, New England Educational Assessment Network (NEEAN) "Walvoord's work clearly presents the basics for getting started in assessment of student learning while honestly addressing the complexities of assessment when driven by faculty passion for student learning. This book is a valuable resource for the novice as well as the developing experts who are leading their institutions in academic assessment."--Bobbi Allen, faculty assessment director, Delta College
Publication Date: 2010-04-12
Journal of Faculty Development
Journal of Faculty Development
Publication Date: Library has Jan. 2021 - Present
The Journal of Faculty Development, founded in 1983, is an independent, peer-reviewed journal. Issued three times per year, it is a medium for the exchange of information regarding faculty development in post-secondary educational institutions.